Herb Puns & Jokes: 47 Best
Check out my collection of funny herb puns right now. I’m sure they’ll make you laugh.
If you cook, you must be using herbs to benefit from their medicinal and aromatic properties. And if you breathe, you must be visiting Humoropedia.com to benefit from the wonderful properties of humor. That’s why you’ve come to the right place.
This page has some of the best funny one liner jokes about herbs. It features awesome jokes about many different herbs. As such, it has herb jokes about basil, sage, rosemary, coriander, cumin, paprika, thyme, and parsley. You know how these culinary herbs taste in food, but now you’re about to find out how they taste in humor. And I’m sure you’ll like it because herbs have never been funnier than here on Humoropedia.com.
Table Of Contents
11 Funny Herb Puns
Have fun with this awesome play on words about herbs and please share the picture pun below to Pinterest.
- I was sending out so many greeting cards for Christmas. A few accidentally fell inside the spice storage. Now they’re seasoned greetings. If you want more Christmas humor, have a laugh with these funny Christmas quotes.
- My wife was experimenting in the kitchen. She added some spices into the oil and the whole thing spilled over. I didn’t see that cumin.
- Why do gardeners hand out their herbs? To pass the thyme. If you like this herb pun, please check out these garden puns right now because you’ll like them too.
- The herbs need to grow up and take care of themselves by weeding out the unnecessary drama.
- I grew a massive herb in my garden. I told all of my family and friends about it but none of them thought it was a big dill.
- Where does herb garden go for vacation? Bazil.
- My favorite hobby is shredding herbs. I have a grate thyme.
- Did you see the headline about the film director who stormed off set after someone filled his trailer with herbs? “Michael Bay Leaves”. If you find this pun funny, you’re gonna like these Hollywood jokes.
- What did Paprika say when Coriander knocked on his door? Cumin.
- The chef asked a waiter to grab some spices. She yelled in response: “I’m cumin! Just give me some thyme!”
- What do you call someone who gives away free herbs? A cilantropist.
If you like these funny herb puns, you’ll also like these awesome flower puns.
9 Herb Jokes
- A girl told me that she recognized me from the local vegetarian club, but I’d never met herbivore.
- I’d tell you a joke about herbs. But I don’t have enough thyme to do that.
- It’s said that playing music to plants can help them grow faster. I don’t know about others, but my favorite plant musician is Elvis Parsley. If you think this herb joke is witty, you’re gonna like these plant jokes, so please check ’em out right now.
- The waiter asked me if I wanted any herbs on my food. I told him I don’t have the thyme for that. If you like this joke, you’ll also like these waiter jokes.
- What do you call a funny herb? Sillyantro.
- Have you noticed that some herbs taste much better at Christmas? It’s the most wonderful thyme of the year. If you like this joke, you’ll enjoy these funny Christmas jokes.
- Someone asked me why I call my ex-girlfriend “oregano”. I replied: “It’s because oregano leaves.”
- I thought I heard an onion singing a Bee Gees song. It turned out it was just chive talking.
- I’m making a belt decorated with herbs from my garden. My friends tell me it’s a waist of thyme.
Do you like these herb jokes? If you do, then I’m sure you’ll like these water puns.
5 Basil Puns
There must be a reason basil is also called great basil. I think that’s because basil is a great culinary herb. And these basil puns are great just like the herb itself; plus, they’re sweet like the commonly used type of basil called sweet basil. In short, I’m confident, you’ll like these puns.
- What did the basil say to the chef? Stop pesto-ing me.
- I started a garden and the basil is refusing to grow. It’s being such a pesto.
- What do you call basil with a bad attitude? Pestomistic.
- Did you know the Italians used to make an all natural fibre from tomato, basil and cheese? They used it to make short pants called caprese.
- My friend told me that my herb garden looks like a mullet. I keep the basil in the front and the parsley in the back.
3 Sage Puns
- I’ve started growing herbs in my garden. To help identify them, I’m growing them in alphabetical order. My neighbor asked me: “How you do find the time?”. I said: “Easy, it’s right here next to the sage.”
- While cooking, I asked my wife if we have any sage. She said: “We have some ground sage”. I asked her: “Do we have any sage that’s not on the floor?”
- What did rosemary say when sage proposed? It’s about thyme.
If you think these sage puns are funny, please share this page right now and I’ll be grateful. Thank you.
9 Thyme Puns
As you probably know, thyme has many health benefits. But what you probably don’t know is that thyme can also be a source of awesome humor. These thyme puns reflect that.
- I’ve got a device to fetch futuristic herbs. It’s a thyme machine.
- I saw a new book about cooking with herbs. It’s about thyme.
- I know someone who was habitually late, until his doctor recommended sleeping in herb garden. Sounds odd, I know, but now he wakes up on thyme.
- I’ve never understood the point of herbs and seasoning. I think it’s a waste of thyme.
- What basic skill do herb farmers always struggle with? Thyme management.
- If you break your leg, put some herbs on it. Thyme heals all wounds.
- Why couldn’t Mary Poppins keep her herb garden alive? Because Bert kept stepping in the thyme.
- I saw a man drive through my city with a van full of herbs and spices. He was a thyme traveler.
- I was always late for work because of my sleeping arrangement. My doctor suggested that I sleep in the garden. Now I wake up on thyme. Want more doctor-related humor? Then check out these medical jokes now.
5 Parsley Puns
- Why does parsley grow so fast? Because it’s always in a race against thyme.
- “If a parsley farmer is sued, does that mean they can garnish his wages?” George Carlin
- My wife tested my knowledge of common household herbs. I’m happy to say I got 4 out of 5 right. I was parsley correct.
- What’s the name of Bruce Lee’s vegetarian brother? Parsley.
- What do you call a small amount of parsley? Sparsley.
If you’ve enjoyed these parsley puns, please share this page with your friends on social media now.
5 Catchy Herb Phrases (Like Herb Puns) By RM
Some people Google the phrase “catchy herb phrases”. They do it either because they’re bored or because they want a slogan for their herbal business. Either way, these five phrases are good for both of these groups. Plus, they’re humorous like the herb puns.
- Our herbs are so good even the dead ones will (almost) rise in little thyme.
- Our fast thyme delivery will save you time.
- The best cumin always cumes from our hands.
- The best turmeric is orange and fun like our workers’ uniforms.
- Black pepper and garlic are in our DNA. Come check it out at our garlic-smelling store.
Hey, my name is Roman Marshanski. I’ve written these phrases you’ve just read. I’ve also created this page. If you like it, please follow me on Twitter right now and occasionally retweet me later. You’re also welcome to drop me a line if you end up using one of these phrases for your business. Maybe I’ll even put your business name right next to the phrase you choose.
- 11+ Best Father Of The Bride Toasts You Need To Know & More - January 20, 2023
- 11+ Best Man Toasts & More Wedding Tips You Need To Know - January 20, 2023
- 25+ Irish Toasts You Need To Know - January 20, 2023