99+ [Unique] Funny & Serious Dog Names You Need To Know
Pick one of these unique dog names because they’re memorable and awesome, just like your pet. Check em’ out now, fellow dog lover.
You’ll definitely find the one you’ll want to give your awesome doggy. You’ll even find a list of dog names inspired by music. So if you’re a music fan, you definitely want to keep on reading this page.
This page also has amusing stories about dogs with funny names. These awesome stories have been handpicked from Reddit.
In short, bookmark this page and share it because it has lots of doggy awesomeness.
Table Of Contents
39 Unique Dog Names
Haven’t found a unique dog name among the names above? Don’t worry. This page has many more names for you to check out. So I’m sure you’ll find the one that will fit your awesome doggy perfectly.
69 Funny Male Dog Names
There are many male dog names. But not of all them are funny. Luckily for you, this page has only the best ones. So you wouldn’t be wasting your time looking at boring ones. This list has only the interesting ones.
- Bad Dog
- June Bug
- Tom Servo
- Paws Away
- Mac Daddy
- Wild Bill
- The Joker
- El Diablo
- Babe Ruth
- Lady Rover
- Marky Mark
- Red Leader
- Bacon Bits
- Wyatt Earp
- Markie Mark
- Poopsy Meow
- Jesse James
- Doc Holliday
- Happy Hunting
- Marlon Brando
- Luck Be a Lady
- Sir Licks-a-lot
- Sits With Wolves
- Chief Crazy Horse
- President Roosevelt
- Phideaux (“Fi-Dough”)
- Clint (as in Eastwood)
- Clyde Parker (of Bonnie & Clyde)
115 Funny Female Dog Names
This list has every single funny girl dog name people have come up with. So you can be sure your cute girl dog will get the best name possible. Or if you’re just looking to have some laughs, you’re gonna get that.
- Big Red
- Mai Tai
- El Nina
- Blue (Blu)
- Blue (Blu)
- Here Kitty
- Suga Booga
- Miss Piggy
- Toodle Lou
- Cookie Jar
- Gimme More
- Cutey Honey
- Joan of Arc
- Trixie Popp
- Derby Girl.
- Miss Beazley
- Buffalo Bill
- Bobby (Mcgee)
- Billy the Kid
- Liberty Belle
- Sausage Pattie
- Twinkie Turtle
- Caesar (Ceasar)
- Sugar Pie Honey Bun
- Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Tiptoe Through the Tulips
- Ouiser Boudreaux (“Wheezer Boo-droh” – Shirley MacLaine’s character in “Steel Magnolias”)
5 Reddit Stories About Funny Dog Names
Reddit has plenty of awesome stories from your fellow dog lovers. These stories below are the definitive proof. So check ’em out now.
A friend named their dog, Stay. So they’d call it “C’mere, Stay. C’mere, Stay. Fairly certain they stole that from Steven Wright, but it was still funny as hell to see them in their yard periodically yelling “STAY!!!” into the void.
My former dog was called Attila, because “The grass did not grow where Attila had passed”.
At the dog park there’s a dog who shows up sometimes named Cupcake. I was talking to another woman there and she was talking about Cupcake, and I pictured a teacup poodle or other frou-frou dog. Then I met Cupcake. Cupcake is a gigantic Rottweiler.
One of my cousins named her cat Cinderella. Turns out Cinderella was a boy. So he became Cinderfella.
Cousins wanted a black cat named Cleopatra but it was a boy so they called him Cleopatrick.
37 Funny Dog Names From Pop Culture
If you like pop culture references, this list is for you. It’ll make you remember all your favorite characters from TV and movies. Your new dog can become as cool as one of these characters.
- C3 Pee-O
- Deputy Dawg
- Nerf Herder
- Hairy Pawter
- Mr. McGiblet
- Princess Pee
- Virginia Woof
- Mister Miyagi
- Chalupa Batman
- Jabba the Mutt
- Turtle O’Power
- Scarlet O’Hairy
- Bilbo Fleabaggins
- Winnie the Poodle
- Xena Waggly Princess
- McGruff the Crime Dog
- Weeny Cooper (for a dachshund)
- Sasha Fierce (for a cowardly dog)
- Lady Lump (perfect for a lazy dog)
- Darth Maul (for a small, harmless dog)
20 Country Music Dog Names
Why not name your dog after a famous country music star? With this list of country music dog names, you can. After all, wouldn’t that be great to have the spirit of your favorite music star encapsulated in your dog? Well, maybe the dog name won’t do exactly that, but maybe your dog will feel more awesome.
- Hank – Both Hank Williams and his son Hank Williams Jr. are influential country stars in their own right.
- Randy – In honor of crooner Randy Travis.
- Kenny Rogers – It’s just one of those country dog names where you have to say both the first and last name!
- Vince – Like Vince Gill, a popular country singer since the ’80s.
- McGraw – An ode to Tim McGraw, the handsome singer of hits like “Indian Outlaw,” “Don’t Take the Girl,” and “I Like It, I Love It.”
- Trisha – For Trisha Yearwood, songstress of “She’s in Love with the Boy” and wife to Garth Brooks.
- Miranda – As in Miranda Lambert, the cute, feisty firecracker.
- Martina – Martina McBride has one of the widest singing ranges in country music. Sing it, sister!
- Jo Dee – Singer of “Heads Carolina, Tails California,” Jo Dee Messina has had six songs reach No. 1 on the Billboard Country Chart.
- Gretchen – Gretchen Wilson is most famous for the mega hit “Redneck Woman.”
- Carrie – Oh Carrie Underwood, you beautiful, talented American Idol.
- Tanya Tucker – She’s been a country music stable since the late ’70s.
- Taylor Swift / T. Swift – Ah yes, that young, trendy country/pop star who loves to write songs about her ex boyfriends.
- Tammy Wynette – Called the “First Lady of Country Music,” Tammy Wynette’s best-known song is “Stand by Your Man.”
- Wynonna – Wynonna Judd found success as part of The Judds and also as a solo artist.
- Loretta – Loretta Lynn is another legendary country singer. In fact, she remains the most awarded female country recording artist.
- Johnny / Cash – Both make fun country dog names and pay tribute to an amazing man.
- Waylon – As in Waylon Jennings, the quintessential country singer.
- Buck – For Buck Owens, a pioneering musician and one time co-host of Hee Haw.
- Garth – Because Garth Brooks rules the world of country music! You can also call your pup Brooks in reference to the singer.
47 Dog Names Inspired By Music
If you have decided to give your dog a name that has something to do with music but is not a famous musician’s name, please check out this list now.
- Bark Wahlberg
- Billie Howl-iday
- Bone Jovi
- Chews Barkley
- Diggy Azalea
- Doggy Cash
- Doggy Parton
- Elvis Pawsley
- Enrique Doglasias
- Julio Diglasias
- Katy Pawry
- LL Drool J
- Notorious D.I.G.
- Ozzi Pawsbourne
- Sinead O’Collar
- Snarls Barkley
As you can see from the list above, you don’t have to settle for naming your dog after a famous musician if you want your dog to have a musical name. There are plenty of alternatives that would make your dog’s name quite musical and groovy without being a repetition of someone’s name.
Regardless of whether you have decided to give your dog a musical name, I sincerely hope that this page has helped you find a unique dog name you’re gonna give your wonderful pet. If it did, please share one of this page’s images to Pinterest because that would help my site grow. Thanks for reading.