20 Funny Grammar Jokes And Puns
If you are visiting our site from iPhone or iPad...Download our awesome iOS app from Apple App Store while it's free. It's free for a limited time only.
Laugh at 20 really funny grammar jokes and puns. We did our best to bring you only the best jokes about English grammar.
Short Grammar Jokes
1. A linguistics professor was lecturing to his English class one day.
“In English,” he said, “A double negative forms a positive. In some languages, though, such as Russian, a double negative is still a negative. However, there is no language wherein a double positive can form a negative.”
A voice from the back of the room piped up, “Yeah, right.”
2. A panda walks into a cafe. He orders a sandwich, eats it, then draws a gun and fires two shots in the air.
“Why?” asks the confused waiter, as the panda makes towards the exit.
The panda produces a badly punctuated wildlife manual and tosses it over his shoulder. “I’m a panda,” he says at the door. “Look it up.”
The waiter turns to the relevant entry and, sure enough, finds an explanation. “Panda. Large black-and-white bear-like mammal, native to China. Eats, shoots, and leaves.”
3. Some people enjoy cooking their families and their dogs. The grammar joke is that the commas ran away, leaving people to eat their families and dogs.
4. What do you say when you are comforting a grammar Nazi? There, Their, They’re.
5. The bar was walked into by the passive voice.
6. A word in this sentence is misspelled. What word is it? Misspelled?
7. A comma is the difference between “What is this thing called love?” and “What is this thing called, love?”
Best Grammar Puns
8. If the pen is mightier than the sword, then why do actions speak louder than words?
9. The exclamation mark said to the period: “Why aren’t you bleeding?”
Please be cool and share these awesome grammar puns with your social circles, and we would love you.
10. What is the name of a bus you can never enter? A syllabus.
11. What is a teacher’s favorite nation? Expla-nation.
Funny Grammar Pics
Be awesome and share this spell checker poem with all your wonderful friends
Why don’t you share these funny grammar pics? After all, we have not made any grammatical mistakes on this page.
Liked these funny grammar jokes and puns? Then why not share them with your friends? They would thank you.
Want More Funny Jokes?
Related Links You May Enjoy:
1. Pinterest: Grammar Jokes
2. Jokes4us.com: English Jokes
3. Hubspot Blog: 23 Witty Grammar Jokes & Puns to Satisfy Your Inner Grammar Nerd
4. Oxford Royale: 11 Great Jokes to Help You Remember English Grammar Rules