10 Top Pablo Escobar Quotes You Need To Know
1. I have always considered myself a happy man. I’ve always been happy, I’ve always been optimistic, I’ve always had faith in life because I think the most difficult times always bring something. It brings experience, and it’s the greatest thing to have in life.
Check out some awesome Optimism Quotes
2. I prefer to be in the grave in Colombia than in a jail cell in the United States.
3. There are two hundred million idiots, manipulated by a million intelligent men.
4. Everyone has a price, the important thing is to find out what it is.
5. I can replace things, but I could never replace my wife and kids.
6. All empires are created of blood and fire.
7. I’m a decent man who exports flowers.
Share these Pablo Escobar famous quotes with friends
8. I’m sometimes accused of drug trafficking. It’s an activity that for the time being, historically, shall we say has been declared illegal. It’s illegal at the moment, but in the long run and in the future, we’re going to show that it will head toward legalization.
9. Dirty money is in all economic sectors of the country.
Check out some funny Money Jokes
10. The problem is not a matter of money. The problem is a matter of dignity.
Who Killed Pablo Escobar?
Colombian security forces killed Pablo Escobar on December 2nd, 1993. He was 44 years old and had an estimated net worth of 30 billion dollars. This money did not include other 20 billion dollars that were reportedly buried in different parts of Colombia. Therefore, his total net worth at the time of his death was about 50 billion dollars, 30 billion less than what Bill Gates has today.
The government forces have tracked Pablo Escobar using radio triangulation technology. This technology was used to identify a phone call he made to his son. Based on information gathered through this technology, the task force assigned with his capture figured out his coordinates.
Then one of them saw him through a window of the house where he was hiding, and the task force stormed the building. He and his bodyguard tried to escape through the roof. But the government forces have already occupied the roof of nearby house and made it impossible for him to escape. A 20 minute shootout followed at the end of which he was shot dead.
Before he was captured, thousands of army officers, police members, and other security forces were dedicated by the Colombian government to his capture. Furthermore, there is evidence that CIA participated in his capture because The Search Bloc, a task force dedicated to his and his associates capture, consisted of CIA and DEA agents.
Pablo Escobar’s family dispute the fact that he was shot dead by government forces and claim that he committed suicide by shooting himself through the ears during the shootout.
An interesting fact about this drug lord is that he threatened to kill his employees if they smoked a joint or did any other drugs in front of his son. Being the world’s most dangerous person, he understood the dangers of drugs and wanted his son to stay away from them. So you can say he had something in common with every American parent.